Friday, August 14, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Zhong Chen

This week, Eva Breuer Art Dealer is spotlighting the artist Zhong Chen who is currently showing his 2009 series Beijing Girl in Gallery 1. The show comes down next week so be sure to stop by this weekend to catch this beautiful collection.

Who (or what) do you consider your artistic inspiration?

Artistic inspiration : Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons

Winner of the 2009 Salon des Refusés People's Choice Award

Do you listen to music while you work, and if so, what is most often playing?


I listen to music when I paint, I listen to modern music

Who of your peers do you respect the most?


I like American artists Elizabeth Peyton, British artist Lucian Freud


Do you have any habits/rituals or strange superstitions when painting?

No I just need a lot of space as I like to see a group or body of work together.


When did you decide to become an artist?

At the age of 9 I started life drawing. I really thought I could be a full time artist after winning the Samstag Scholarship and studying a Masters in London.

What is your favourite colour?

red

Do you have a favourite painting or work of art? If so, what is it?


I love Jeff Koons works always inspirational.

Opening Night Photographs from Beijing Girl

1 comment:

Inspiration for Artists said...

great stuff... thanks for sharing :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin