Monday, October 12, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Michael Muir

Who (or what) do you consider your artistic inspiration?

I have a number of artists whose work I admire Mark Rothko, Paddy Bedford, Jeffrey Smart and Francis Bacon.

Do you listen to music while you work, and if so, what is most often playing?

Have a fairly eclectic taste in music I normally hit shuffle on the ipod otherwise FBI radio is great.

Who of your peers do you respect the most?

All peers who have been committed and persistent with their chosen fields

Do you have any habits/rituals or strange superstitions when painting?

no rituals time is precious

When did you decide to become an artist?

I decided whilst working as a desktop publisher for a fashion mag in the Phillippines when I was 21. Not a big fan of offices or computers!

What is your favourite colour?

Favourite colour at the moment is cadmium yellow.

Do you have a favourite painting or work of art? If so, what is it?

Of the top of my head favourite paintings change all the time John Passmore jumping horse mackerel.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin