Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Vince Vozzo



Who (or what) do you consider your artistic inspiration?

I have many inspirations one is reading philosophy and looking at great works of art. Or just having a break from my work and walking down to Newtown for a coffee. Another one is walking my dog to Sydney park and going on top of the highest peak staring at the planes taking off from Sydney airport.

Do you listen to music while you work, and if so, what is most often playing?

I don't listen to music while I work any more, I am in complete silence. Although I love all sorts of music, I really love guitar sounds like Santana and Jeff Beck.

Who of your peers do you respect the most?

There's a few American artist I like, I can't name them at the moment. I seem to like artists of the last century like Picasso, Brancusi, Giacometti and the list go's on.

Do you have any habits/rituals or strange superstitions when painting?

I try to work 7 days a week, always have an afternoon break and walk to Newtown for coffee, it keeps me sane.

When did you decide to become an artist?

I didn't decide to become an artist, it chose me.. I always remember my first stonecarving. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, all I know is from my very first carving it was like I gave birth, from that day I was a sculptor.

What is your favourite colour?

Blue

Do you have a favourite painting or work of art? If so, what is it?

There's to many works of art I like to mention, but what I will say is if I don't feel creative I just look at Picasso's work and I can do anything.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin