Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Zai Kuang - Children's World

Opening Saturday 25 July 2009, drinks with the artist 3-5 PM.

Artist's Statement:

"Most of my paintings are about children, toys and their surroundings. The reason I choose children as my subject is that: simplicity, purity and harmony, they are my attentions during the process of making painting. I think children match the thought perfectly.

In this exhibition, I painted children in the interior and exterior. In the interior, I want to explore the relationships between children and toys. The space often dominates the works, there is a tranquil atmosphere around the children, the toys and the room. In the exterior, I look for the relationships between children and the environment, usually the space is more open."

Click to view the exhibition.

Click to view the exhibition or to download from iTunes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin